Thursday, September 1, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Without Missing a Beat



In yesterday's blog I mentioned how I've been experiencing astounding results through my partnership with Jeffrey Spratt,MT pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy.

Some may say that is quite a claim to make -- but it's true.... Now granted I have to be ready and willing to do the work to heal my life from the effects of paralytic polio and 9 years of violence plus manage the stress of my life in the here and now. But Jeffrey has pioneered a method of muscular therapy that simultaneously facilitates the processing of trauma and the healing of the trauma through the power of positive touch.

Throwback Thursday to when I was first diagnosed with post polio syndrome in December of 2006, what doctors call a progressive neuromuscular disease. I had difficulty swallowing, breathing, walking; I experienced chronic fatigue and every nerve and muscle in my body was on fire. I was exhausted but couldn't sleep well. I pushed myself to make it through the day and was in a downward spiral of profound negative momentum.

I discovered the healing power of poetry in my soul that began to turn the tide of my life.

And then I discovered the healing power of running! True I had never run a day in my life and had just come out of a leg brace and wheelchair when I declared that I was going to run the 2009 Boston Marathon but no matter....

On the road to the 2009 Boston Marathon I experienced positive momentum on the roads and in my life shedding so many beliefs about who I was and what I could do. Crossing the finish line of the 2009 Boston Marathon was a moment of redemption:


There were fits and starts of working to get traction on my healing journey.

There were setbacks and injuries. Because the layers of trauma were unhealed and stuck in the very fiber of my body and Being, external stress (such as my nephew's suicide) created a toxic cocktail of dis-ease and being stuck in old behavior patterns veering off of my healing path.

Since 2011 I wrote poetry with renewed fervor in 2014 focused on asking the question, "How will I ever reclaim my life?" and expressing how I wanted to run unencumbered and free. I conjured up images of a healer and healing hands. You can read these poems in my poetry anthology, "Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life" available on Amazon.

I was blessed to find my way to Dr. Ryan Means in February of 2015. He got me right back on my healing path reminding me of my worthiness to heal. He turned me onto Dr. Joe Dispenza's work, "You are the Placebo"and "What the bleep do we know?".

And then I was led to Jeffrey's table!

As we clean out the wounds of trauma, and through the power of Jeffrey's positive touch, my mind, body and Spirit heal.

So for the first time in 10 years, I have only positive momentum in my healing journey from the late effects of paralytic polio and trauma.

I am over the moon excited to be training for the Bermuda Marathon 2017. It's been a wonderful year of training, racing, taking an off season to recover and now gearing up for 13.1 on January 15, 2017! It's exhilarating to be on top of my game feeling strong and capable to go the distance now.

I have a five day training cycle unlike any other training I have done in these past 10 years. Sunday - strength train with free weights. Monday - Strength train in the pool and do laps. Tuesday - 5K tempo run. Wednesday - Cross train on the Arc Trainer and Bike and massage therapy with Jeffrey. Two days rest and then the wonderful long runs on Saturday training for the Bermuda Half Marathon

One of the most painful parts of having experienced what I lived through as a child was not being able to enjoy my body. In order to survive I had to dissociate from my body and during these past 10 years, as I worked to come home in my body I had to face all that I was trying to avoid.

With the healing hands and heart of Jeffrey Spratt,MT and my own fierce determination to heal, I feel so blessed and grateful that, for the first time in 10 years, I can train for my 2nd Half Marathon without missing a beat!

To your health and wellness!
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment