Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life: On Perspective and Triumph



I've been having many breakthroughs through the power of positive touch in my weekly massage therapy sessions with Jeffrey Spratt, MT I see myself and my past through new eyes. Through the power of positive touch and compassionate presence, I see myself and my past through a new lens. Cleaning out the abject terror I felt from the fiber of my body and Being creates a new reality. There is objectivity rather than abject terror. The horror is transformed and I am able to romance and dance with my past realizing my incredible strength and fortitude in being able to have survived the horror I experienced. I can get distance and rather than reliving the trauma at every turn, I experience myself and life in a new wondrous way. I see my experiences through the lens of a George Lucas or Steven Spielberg movie. Coming face to face with death and villains at every turn I escaped close calls within an inch of my life. Jeffrey and I have unearthed those traumatic events bringing everything into the light of day to now heal.

As Jeffrey was providing physical and emotional soothing in my recent treatment with him, he said, "It's all over now." To do more than know the trauma is over on an intellectual level but to feel it emotionally, mentally and spiritually is, to quote Peter Levine, Ph.D., "a gift from the gods."

So often we are led to believe there is permanent damage when we experience an injury or an illness.

Time heals. Nature heals. We just need to get out of the way and allow the healing process to happen. I am so blessed that I found my way to Jeffrey's table. I am incredibly excited that we are doing research on the efficacy of his Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy on trauma recovery. He knows how to release the body's natural capacity to heal. With all the gunk of the past cleared away, we now polish the treasures of the me that was always meant to be. From victim to victor. From terror to triumph. A new perspective on myself and my life. Free from the bondage of my past.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment