Friday, August 19, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Find your treasure!



The Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy pioneered by Jeffrey Spratt,MT is a phenomenal method for healing trauma. I love the imagery Jeffrey uses to describe the work. He talks about traumatic memories leaving an imprint and then, over time, become fossilized, embedded in the body altering muscle, nerve and biochemical functioning. This is turn alters the mind, perceptions of the world and can fuel the repetitive nature of experiencing the same thoughts and behaviors over and over again. His hands and his fingers are his tools as he channels Indiana Jones searching to help the client reclaim the long lost treasure of themselves after trauma. Cue the music:



His compassionate presence channeling the Force of Divine Love flowing through him is powerful medicine. His strength and his presence allow me to finally unearth all the horrific events from my past restoring healthy functioning mind, body and soul.

Coincidentally, the imagery I used in writing poetry long before I ever met Jeffrey talked about buried treasure and asking the question how would I ever reclaim my life?! (Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life is available on Amazon.)


Born to Run

Born free
born to run
run free
unencumbered untethered unshackled
pouring energy into my running form
liquid gold once fired in the crucible
now my treasure born of my Spirit molded with alchemy
refining
my precious treasure once buried
the map safely tucked away
X marks the spot
a new starting line.

Poised and ready
to go the distance
all out without hesitation
all is healed at last
my pace swift
Mercury and Hermes pace me on winged feet
I AM
born to run
running free
joyfully crossing the finish line with ease.

Foot Strike

Each strike struck a chord of fear
helplessness
terror.
How would I ever reclaim my life?
Holding onto hope
waiting for the day
when memories would no longer weigh heavy
free to run my own race.
Stomping in anger
striking back
shadow boxing with the thief
who stole away childhood innocence
a no win.
Each foot strike ignites my soul
fired up to run my best race
taking the lead
breaking finisher’s tape

today I won my race.


The healing is all happening and I am able to relax and enjoy the therapy sessions more than having traumatic memories surface and because of all the digging we have done, I've hit pay dirt.

In my last treatment with Jeffrey I found myself sharing with him positive aspects of my youth. Positive friendships I had, going to NY Jets home games when they went to the Super Bowl, my crush on Joe Willie Namath and yes Barry Manilow, my love of live concerts and remembering the treasured moments of my past that were buried underneath the trauma. I had to use so much energy to seal off the trauma that I couldn't make space for the wonderful memories. In order to keep out the trauma, I had to keep it all out.

Of course it helps that Jeffrey and I share similar tastes in pop culture and Jeffrey loves to entertain during a session. His joy and passion for life, for music and sports help positive energy to flow.

In addition to reclaiming my advantage and coming back after a serious knee injury in December of 2014 that everyone said would sideline me from running, running unencumbered and free now, I reclaim my life - all of it - remembering the treasure of who I am and have always meant to be and recovering treasured memories from my past.

To your health and wellness!
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment