Friday, July 29, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Celebrating Special Ability

"There's only ability if you believe in yourself." ~Deb - a member of an Australian Cheer and Dance Squad with Cerebral Palsy "confined" to a wheelchair



I saw this story on Facebook and could instantly relate to Deb's Spirit shining through and believing in her ability.

Almost ten years ago now I was told to prepare to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair. I listened to Dancing Through Life from Wicked.



I vowed that even if I did have to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair I would find a way to dance through life.

I've been so blessed with healing the late effects of paralytic polio and 9 years of unrelenting violence through partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the innovative Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy. After a serious knee injury in December of 2014, he and I worked together meeting in the quantum field of healing to reverse bone spurs, grow a new gastroc muscle that had atrophied from polio and help me unburden myself from the effects of trauma that was bound in the very fiber of my body and Being.

I decided to go the distance again and last July I signed up to run the Bermuda Half Marathon.

I would train and run at my own pace celebrating my special ability being able to run despite being told I would spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

I celebrated finishing the Bermuda Half Marathon and the Hyannis 10K taking a hiatus to go into off season training mode building core strength and focusing on cross training while maintaining running twice a week.

I ran the Quonset Air Show 4 Miler in June and PR'ed it - a PR for me and my special ability at a 15:40 minute/mile pace and last weekend ran the Narrangasset Bay 5K running at a 15:53 minute/mile pace with heat and hills.

Tomorrow I begin training again for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January of 2017. 6 sensational miles are on tap.

I no longer fear the training or going the distance. I'm excited to experience the training with a year of healing behind me through the power of positive touch partnering with Jeffrey. And I used to worry about the time or finishing last or the course closing up before I was able to finish. However, now, because I reclaim advantage and reclaim life each week with Jeffrey, I can enjoy the journey celebrating my special ability!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment