Friday, July 15, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Resilience and The Power of Positive Touch

re·sil·ience
rəˈzilyəns/
noun
noun: resilience; plural noun: resiliences

1.the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity.

2.the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.



It is so easy for stress to accumulate in our bodies, our minds and yes even our souls. Life happens and before we know it, we feel congested and stuck.

There have been extra demands in our lives of late as we care for someone we love who is suffering and struggling with life. It takes a toll and I'd been reeling going from one thing to the next.

Once Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy began to work on me in Wednesday's treatment, I could feel the congestion begin to release on every level. As Jeffrey facilitated healing in my stressed body, I was able to articulate and release all the feelings I was experiencing about our current situation. He gave me permission to feel it all without judgment.

I hadn't realized how much I was holding inside emotionally although I certainly could feel the manifestations of the stress in my body. In the safety and comfort of the treatment room, I was able to release the physical and emotional pain I was holding.

Once I allowed everything to flow, I discovered that I am much better able to manage the stress and to effectively problem solve, and take care of myself as we go through this journey. Imagine if you will breaking a log jam in a river. Rather than stirring the same soupy thoughts in my meditation, I was able to get clarity during those 90 minutes on the massage table.

I've known challenges since I was 5 years old and one would hope that somehow that gives you a karmic exemption when you get to my age. But it doesn't...but what the Universe does offer is the healing hands and heart, compassionate presence of Jeffrey; a remarkable life and running partner in Tom, a beautifully loving and supportive village that supports my strength and enables me to keep bouncing back challenge after challenge.

Despite all the stress, I am injury free and relapse free from post polio syndrome. Yes, it is in great part due to my own inner strength but I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to Jeffrey and the power of positive touch that reverses and heals the effects of paralytic polio and trauma and keeps me running long, strong and healthy on and off the roads reclaiming my advantage, reclaiming my life!

To your health and wellness,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment