Monday, July 11, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! What a difference a year makes: The gift of running

I love how Facebook shares memories...One year ago today....

A 4.5 mile run around Jamaica Pond came up as my memory one year ago. It was the longest distance I had run since my knee injury in December of 2014 and was a cause for celebration.



I will never ever taking running for granted because it is a gift. In truth I don't take anything for granted in my life given all that I have lived through with paralytic polio and 9 years of unrelenting violence as a child.



I remember both the exhilaration and the anxiety I felt as I built miles toward the Bermuda Half Marathon in January of this year.

Another memory that came up was that I changed my cover photo to the map of the Bermuda Half Marathon:


I have a wonderful base of miles from running the Half in January and am already up to 5.5 miles on a consistent basis on the weekends.

My cross training now includes the Arc Trainer and Stationary Bike at Wave Health and Fitness along with a session in the pool and strength training.

Today Tom and I went on a training run for the Narrangasett Bay 5K. He had to go into work at 5am but that meant he was home at 1pm so we were able to go out for an afternoon run. It was perfect!



My body is now conditioned to run and move. Last year I was just beginning to reclaim advantage and reclaim life through the power of positive touch by partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy. His powerful intention to have me run unencumbered joined with my intention to reclaim my life and run unencumbered and free. And I am so blessed to have had Ryan J. Means, DC cross my path in January of 2015 who reminded that I AM the placebo and to set goals not limits, texting me pictures from Dr. Joe Dispenza's book "You Are the Placebo" while I waited for mine to arrive and helping me to believe that I am worthy of healing.

Here I am a year later...enjoying and embracing the gift of running in my life...me...at 62 years old and having been through all that this body has been through getting ready to race a week from Sunday and then begin training for the Bermuda Half Marathon all over again.

What a difference a year makes! I.am.grateful. Here is Team McManus loving life one mile at a time after today's training run!



To your health and wellness!
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment