Thursday, July 21, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! "Piece a Cake!"

"Oh and I have a race to run on Sunday," I told Jeffrey Spratt,MT before my massage therapy session yesterday. I shared with him the stress that was happening in our family.

"How far is it?" he asked

"It's a 5K down in Rhode Island."

"Piece a cake," he said. "Let's get you on the table."



What a difference a year makes!

When I was training for the Finish at the 50 5K 2015 Jeffrey and I were rehabbing my left leg after a knee injury in December 2014. He provided me with emotional support throughout my training. The week before the race he went over the course map and walked me through the stages of mental preparation for my inaugural race after being told I should not and would not run ... well if I insisted nothing more than a 5K. He helped me to release my fear and harness the power of belief in my body's ability to heal while he worked to help me reclaim advantage and reclaim life through the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy.



I've trained hard and I've trained well and have a great base of training and miles from having run the Bermuda Half Marathon in January. Weekly massage therapy sessions with Jeffrey clear out the congestion from the combination of negative stress in my life and the positive stress of training.

I am excited for Sunday's race to open it up and see what this body can do. It's quite the miracle that I have this positive momentum in my healing journey from the effects of paralytic polio and violence where a 5K for me is now a "piece a cake."

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment