Friday, July 1, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! A Change in Race Plans

Sometimes you think you have everything all planned out and then life has other plans.

I was planning to run Finish at the 50 on July 3rd but life happened and instead we are going to be running the Narrangasset Bay 5K and Tom will run the Half Marathon (this replaces his Mt. Washington Auto Road Race).

It's funny isn't it?



I switched up my training plan from taper mode and got my mind set into extending my race training to 7/24.

I'm very excited about running another Geoffrey Smith race. The Quonset Air Show 4 Miler was outstanding in every imaginable way. I was going to be support crew for Tom while he ran the Half at Narrangasset Bay but instead I get to now enjoy being out on the course.

The bling looks amazing:


The course -- a little challenging but I checked in with Geoff to make sure that there was no time pressure to finish the 5K.

And how amazing that I am so resilient, healthy and well that I can just switch things up.

Today, Tom and I went out and ran 3.1 miles:


We did hills and on a tempo run around the Reservoir I spied with my little eye on my Nike+ that I was hitting a sub 15 minute/mile pace for part of the tempo run.

Everything seems to always work out as it is meant to work out. While I was primed and ready to run a race on Sunday, I'll resume training mode. I have total confidence in changing up my race plan now that I partner weekly with Jeffrey Spratt,MT pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy that has helped me to reclaim advantage and reclaim life whatever circumstances may come our way.

So stay tuned for my training mode blog posts and getting myself psyched and ready to run the Narrangassset Bay 5K in 3 weeks and after that,I begin building my miles for the Bermuda Marathon Weekend Half Marathon. Coincidentally, it was through the Bermuda Marathon Weekend that we met Geoff and new opportunities for me to go out and feel the wonder and power of racing. And sometimes a change in race plans is good for the body and soul.

To your health and wellness!
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment