Thursday, July 28, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Ain't nothin gonna hit as hard as life! Strong in the broken places!



During yesterday's massage therapy session with Jeffrey Spratt,MT I was incredibly blessed to experience the power of positive touch through his innovative Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy to help me both express and heal from the trauma of my dad's suicide and the events that led up to it on 8/1/1971. Our daughter has been struggling with depression and two weeks ago expressed wanting to end her life. Thank God she reached out for help and for a brilliant team at St. Elizabeth's Hospital who discovered that her meds were affecting her pituitary gland which exacerbated her psychiatric symptoms. Unlike the events of 1971, help is available, she is open and willing to receive help and no one is blaming me for what happened. Tom and I are receiving an outpouring of compassion and support. After my father's suicide, in her grief stricken and rage filled state, his mother, my paternal grandmother told me that I was the cause of his suicide and it was just as though I pushed him to his death.

Debriefing from the events of 1971 (and the years that led up to his suicide) while Jeffrey bears witness and bathes the wounds with compassion and care keeps me going along with a wonderful village of friends and now providers who will help to reduce the stress of being care givers for our daughter.

I gain so much clarity and insight while we work together and as I move through my life after the sessions, and can move forward in my life. Old habits and ways of being are shed and I can reclaim my Divinity, my strength, my courage, my goodness and realize that I am in no way shape or form connected to that biological family who were darkness personified.

I saw this post on Facebook this morning:


As Jeffrey validated all that I went through I unburdened myself of the pain I was holding inside for decades. I finally have someone to partner with who could help me to heal the pain of the summer of 1971 and all that went before beginning with contracting paralytic polio at age 5, and all that our daughter and we have experienced during these past several months (and years). Jeffrey commented that sometimes it wears you down doesn't it?

Yes it does! And what a relief to acknowledge that and not have to be strong all the time.



But you know what? I never give up because I want to inspire people to know that no matter how hard life hits and God knows I've been hit pretty hard you can always find a way to move forward because that's what winning is about.

At last night's DNC, Joe Biden shared this Ernest Hemingway quote:



Thanks to partnering with Jeffrey and keeping the faith drawing from my own inner strength and determination, I can reclaim my advantage, reclaim my life and move forward. To read more about Jeffrey's philosophy about what it means to Reclaim, check our latest blog in his own words.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment