Sunday, June 19, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Wollaston Beach: Then and Now





It was a gorgeous day for a fabulous 5.5 mile run on Wollaston Beach yesterday. My husband Tom and daughter Ruth Anne are training for a half marathon so I got to experience the joy of a solo run.



I was able to let memories sift and sort themselves.

I remembered a moment as I was beginning my journey to health and wellness shortly after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome.

It was an unseasonably warm Spring day. Beautiful blue sky. The sun and ocean sparkling and playing together. Waves gently crashing upon the shore.

I swung my legs around to get out of the car shortly after finding the courage to come out of my leg brace and declare that I was going to run the 2009 Boston Marathon. It was in March of 2008. I could only walk 20 minutes!

I remembered how not all that long ago the little ramps along Wollaston Beach seemed like huge hills to me and yesterday I ran over them with ease - free and unencumbered.

I tackled the huge hill at the end of Quincy Shore Drive visualizing how I was going to tackle the ramps at Gillette Stadium at Finish at the 50 again this year on July 3rd.

I reflected on the amazing journey of transformation I have experienced during this past year as my heart overflowed with gratitude for the teachers and healers who now bless my life. I continue to imprint the teachings of Dr. Joe Dispenza



Every week I continue to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life through the power of positive touch with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy. As I ran from one end of Wollaston Beach to the other end of Quincy Shore Drive and back again to our parking space for 5.5 miles, I marveled at how well I felt in my body; how much momentum there is now in my maintaining health and wellness. I reflected on how Dr. Ryan Means blessed my life in March of 2015 after a serious knee injury in December 2014 that everyone said would sideline me from ever running again.

In 2008 I could just about walk for 20 minutes along Wollaston Beach. It was a huge accomplishment for me and as is true with any journey:


I've traveled so many miles since I took those first tentative steps on Wollaston Beach in 2008. Look at me now! Yup sometimes you just have to look back at your past and smile to see how far you've come!

To your health and wellness!
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment