Sunday, June 5, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! The Will to Wellness: Life Outside the Comfort Zone



Being physically challenged and experiencing illness from the age of 5 on and finding "protection" in illness was all I'd known for decades. Almost 10 years ago, my body that had been conditioned to unwellness broke down with chronic fatigue, chronic pain, difficulty swallowing, breathing, and having the limp from polio return. I realized I was at a crossroads in my life, got still and asked for Divine Guidance. My pen became my divining rod for healing and poems poured out of me imagining myself as healthy and whole, running a race even though I had never run a day in my life.

During this morning's meditation I reflected on how some days, especially given the recent family stress we have experienced, I experience whispers of the symptoms of the late effects of paralytic polio and trauma. In the past, these whispers would have become magnified and at the very least made me feel miserable and at the most would stop me in my tracks from being able to experience health and wellness. While I would go to the gym and participate in my work outs, I did not have the fire, the confidence and strength to ignite my will and passion to go the distance in experiencing wellness.

Since following the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza and partnering every week (and sometimes supplementing a 90 minute massage with a ShakeOut (TM) Massage) with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, I can reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life harnessing the power of my will to create and experience wellness rather than the once known familiar and oddly comfortable state of dis-ease.

Life outside the comfort zone is quite magnificent! This Friday Tom, Jeffrey and I will be participating in the Quonset Air Show 4 Miler. It will be wonderful to be at a race that honors the military and veterans and benefits non profits that support veterans. I'm excited for my first race since the Hyannis 10K and am going to experience the benefits of all the training I have done during my "off season." Usually I need to know everything about a race and a course. All I know is that the race director, Geoffrey Smith, told me that it is an all pace event that honors the military and veterans. That's enough for me!

Every day in every way I reclaim advantage and reclaim life from the effects of polio and violence harnessing my will to wellness and knowing that the magic happens outside of my comfort zone. To new experiences and to all finding the magic and miracles!

To your health and wellness,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment