Thursday, June 16, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! "She's a gym rat!'



Last night several members from the Team at Spratt Muscular Therapies boarded the Spirit of Boston to join the staff and members of Wave Health and Fitness for an evening of dining, dancing and schmoozing. (Pictured below are Owner and Principal Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Luke Bruffee,MT, Max Blum,MT and yours truly).



It was a perfect summer evening where we were able to savor beautiful views of Boston:


and Max and Luke provided exquisite chair massage:


Jeffrey and I mingled with the members of Wave Health. He introduced me as his Communications and PR person and his assistant. People who knew Jeffrey when....when he was doing chair massage in Seaport East and had his humble beginnings at The Seaport were so excited to share in the growth of the practice and the addition of my role in the practice. One woman said, "You look very familiar. Have I seen you around the Club? (referring to Wave Health)" "She's a gym rat," Jeffrey replied.

Me .... a gym rat! Wow that's a far cry from being told I was going to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair almost 10 years ago or even a far cry from a year ago when I was just beginning to partner with Jeffrey and tentatively moving forward in my health and wellness journey.

And then this morning I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned.

"And you have osteoporosis right?" the dental hygienist asked me.

"Um no I don't think so," I replied. Last year I had a pretty significant fall and nothing broke - well except I chipped my front tooth.

I went on to share my healing journey with her in between her cleaning my teeth.

"You should write a book," she said.

"I already have and I'm working on my latest book, "Going the Distance."

I get all fired up when I get to share my healing journey. Sharing the journey stimulates even more healing as the very fiber of my being is reminded of what happens when we move beyond our memorized selves.

When I promote Spratt Muscular Therapies and the life changing work that is being done in our massage therapy practice, I am not selling anything. I let people know about what's possible through the power of positive touch and the power of intention for healing and change which each therapist at the practice brings to the table.

And I have to smile to think that Jeffrey called me a gym rat - me who was called out Easy Out Alper in gym class. Me who had never run a mile before 2008 and went on to run the 2009 Boston Marathon. Me who has reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life overcoming the late effects of paralytic polio and 9 years of unrelenting violence as a child, my nephew's suicide in 2011 and the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013.

Believe. Heal. Transform. Go beyond your memorized self and who knows maybe you too will become a gym rat!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment