Monday, June 6, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Race Week: The Icing on the Cake



Do you have any idea how amazing it feels to have gone through a race season starting with last year's Finish at the 50, the Bermuda Half Marathon and the Hyannis 10K...build strength and stamina and continuing to heal from the late effects of paralytic polio and trauma during what my gifted muscular therapist, Jeffrey Spratt,MT said was my "off season" and now getting ready to run in the Quonset Air Show 4 Mile Road Race on Friday?

This is the first time in my almost 10 year healing odyssey that I have what I call traction on my healing journey!

This morning I worked out in the pool at Wave Health and Fitness. I knew it was going to be my last workout before Friday's race. I will do core work but I am going to allow my body to rest and be refreshed for race day. Pictured below is 1984 and 1985 Boston Marathon champion and the Race Director for Friday's race, Geoffrey Smith at the race start.



I did aqua jogging, strength training, laps with kick board, laps doing different strokes, stretching and visualized how I was going to feel racing on Friday.

Experiencing health and wellness, being able to reclaim advantage and reclaim life is a precious gift that I treasure and being able to race again...well to quote Bill Rodgers - that is the icing on the cake!

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment