Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Post polio what??? Feel the Heal...



The above photo was my one year ago FB memory today along with this post:
Mary McManus
June 2, 2015 ·
I'm excited to be working on my next poetry book. "Feel the Heal:An Anthology of Poems." It's a collection of my most recent poetic musings with the best of my poems from the past 8 years. Here's one I wrote back in 2013 that has even more power for me today!
There Comes a Moment

There comes a moment
a culmination of moments really
when Truth becomes stronger than fear
when heart breaks open into wholeness
and the power of love crushes all that went before.

There comes a moment when the soul and heart's desire
becomes crystal clear
and you lovingly hit yourself on the forehead
why didn't I see this before?

There comes a moment when the old ways no longer serve
and you realize
you cannot possibly serve two masters
the two masters being fear and love.

There comes a moment when playing small
and staying in the 'comfort zone'
becomes intolerable
when passion burns so brightly
lies are consumed in its flames.

There comes a moment when you wake up
to the magnificence of who you really are
and tears of joy, relief and release
like an ocean wave on a hot summer's day
bathe you in the waters of rebirth.

There comes a moment
and that moment is now.


As I was working out at Wave Health and Fitness the other day I had this feeling come over me...post polio what? We've been going through incredible family stress these past several months. Yet because I am practicing the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza, author of You Are The Placebo and partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, I can, with every confidence state that I am healed from the late effects of paralytic polio. My body continues to heal and recover from polio and trauma BUT I am no longer being held in the grips of the aftermath of my past. As I am rewriting "Journey Well" which had been the sequel to my memoir, "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility," I realize how I could not get traction on my healing journey. Inevitable life's stress would tip the balance and I would feel as though I was moving through life with an anchor on my ankles.

Even though the massage therapist I was working with at the time was creating suffering rather than healing, I wrote poetry asking the question of how would I reclaim my life and dreaming about running unencumbered and free. Once I believed that I was worthy of healing, the Universe led me to Jeffrey whose tag line for his practice is Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! After my very first treatment with him, he looked deep into my eyes and said, "I want you to run unencumbered." The cumulative effects of working every week with him creates positive momentum and I can feel the heal and experience wellness and wholeness. I have remarkable resilience and strength as we clear out the physical and heal the emotional and spiritual devastation of the events of my past.

While Jeffrey is heeding, hypothesizing, listening and using the warmth of his hands to guide my body's natural healing process, he also brings compassionate presence to soothe and comfort with words and the power of positive touch. It was an amazing experience to feel the residuals of trauma in my throat and neck in yesterday's massage therapy session and then to have it move through and clear as Jeffrey courageously, confidently and with strength cleared the congestion from a pivotal traumatic memory.

How amazing that this morning Facebook reminded me of what I was doing one year ago today.

"Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life," is my favorite poetry book where I chronicle my healing journey through the poetry I wrote. Once I found my way to true healers in Dr. Ryan Means and Jeffrey, I no longer had the need to write poetry to feel the heal because I was able to feel the heal in real life.



And now I am writing the sequel to my memoir, "Going the Distance: Healing Trauma Through Running and the Power of Positive Touch." I will be so glad when I get through the "Journey Well" portion of my journey and can begin to share the unfolding of transformation and healing from the late effects of paralytic polio and trauma. It's also a wonderful experience to take a look back and see what I experienced before I could feel the heal.

It's a thankful Thursday and I am deeply grateful that at last I can reclaim advantage and reclaim life saying farewell to post polio syndrome and being able to feel the heal through every fiber of my body and Being.

My books are available on Amazon.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment