Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! On Being a Runner



Yesterday was my last work out for Finish at the 50 on Sunday. I worked up a really good sweat with 30 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer. "You're really jonesing for some ramps now aren't you Mary?" Jeffrey Spratt, MT commented at the end of my massage therapy session yesterday.

Am I ever!

One year ago I was so nervous about my comeback race after a very serious knee injury in December of 2014. Jeffrey went over the course map with me, gave me some terrific tips about getting ready mind, body and Spirit and at the end of my pre-event massage he said to me that I was ready body and mind to run my race! I sure was!

The transformation during this past year from feeling like a survivor of paralytic polio and violence to reclaiming advantage and reclaiming life is a miracle. In each treatment, I move beyond the past into a new way of Being in mind, body and soul. Jeffrey's warm hands, positive touch and powerful compassionate presence unleashes my body's natural capacity to heal and heal it does.

The scar tissue and sense of stuckness in my left leg from surgeries, polio and violence is releasing. I am using more and more of my left leg in all of my daily activities of living and when I work out.

My arms are healing from paralysis and unthinkable acts of horror. I can feel how my body held onto habitual ways of being and moving protecting myself from constant abuse into being able to allow my body to heal. There is more energy flowing, more confidence and trust in my body and being able to feel the unbridled joy of being a runner - as only I can run being who I am.



When I toe the starting line on Sunday outside of Gillette Stadium I am lining up as a runner reclaiming advantage and reclaiming life through the power of positive touch thanks to the innovative Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment