Thursday, June 23, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Feeling the Healing



After last week's muscular therapy session with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, I was able to take a look at a very deep wound from when I contracted paralytic polio at the age of 5. My mother was addicted to prescription pain medication and under the influence would glare at me lying paralyzed on the couch smoking a cigarette. It was like wiggling a loose tooth that had been bothering me for a very long time. It was a deeply buried wound that would keep me on edge even while Jeffrey ministered the best muscular therapy treatments I ever experienced. I played with it over and over and over again until I explored all the feelings and thoughts associated with that early trauma and felt incredible relief after allowing it to surface and move through me. Another wound surfaced. "I'm at his mercy," floated to the surface of my awareness along with something Jeffrey had said to me months ago, "The best way to heal a wound from a man is with a man." So true! Especially one who is so incredibly skilled, compassionate and trained in trauma. Bringing these painful memories to the surface through the power of positive touch and compassionate presence results in freedom and healing.

Yesterday morning Tom and I went on our 5K run. It was a glorious summer morning with the sun glistening off of the Reservoir and moderate temperatures with no humidity. It was the 5th and final day of my work out week. The day before I had done an intense workout on the Arc Trainer and Bike and wasn't sure what my body would want to do on the run. We typically run on Tuesday and I cross train on Wednesday.

I noticed that I could experience more of my left leg, aka the "polio leg". The calf muscle (that on MRI in 12/14 had atrophied) was firing up and strong. I felt greater ease, comfort and strength in my body as we did a few hills and I asked Tom to pace me as we get ready for Finish at the 50 5K on July 3rd. Finish at the 50 was my comeback race last year. This year I get to go out and enjoy it!

It's all so miraculous to experience the momentum of healing from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma. It feels so good to reclaim advantage and reclaim life as I release memories to the Universe and Jeffrey's warm, competent and confident powerful positive touch encourages my body's natural healing capacity.

It's an absolute blessing and the total grace to experience feeling the healing in mind, body and soul free from the shackles of the past.

From Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life:

"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them." ~Marcus Aurelius

Born to Run

Born free
born to run
run free
unencumbered untethered unshackled
pouring energy into my running form
liquid gold once fired in the crucible
now my treasure born of my Spirit molded with alchemy
refining
my precious treasure once buried
the map safely tucked away
X marks the spot
a new starting line.

Poised and ready
to go the distance
all out without hesitation
all is healed at last
my pace swift
Mercury and Hermes pace me on winged feet
I AM
born to run
running free
joyfully crossing the finish line with ease.




To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment