Monday, June 20, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Begin by Saying Yes!



When I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease almost 10 years ago now I knew I was at a crossroads in my life. I was told that if I had any chance of stabilizing my functioning where it was, I needed to quit my award winning career as a social worker at the VA. I was told that if I used it (referring to my body) I would lose it. Yes you read that correctly. The wisdom of the medical community at the time was that because my nervous system was already compromised from paralytic polio and everything was degenerating with age that if I "over did it" I would accelerate the deterioration of my body.

But something inside of me knew that I needed to move even though I had not been big on movement or exercise before the diagnosis of post polio syndrome. When I got still and asked for Divine Guidance, Spirit spoke through my debilitated body and I wrote the poem, "Running the Race." It was a foreshadowing of my 2009 Boston Marathon run. When my personal trainer asked me for my next goals in February of 2008 I just said yes I'm going to run the 2009 Boston Marathon when I had never run a day in my life.

The Universe sent me everything I needed to go the distance in the 2009 Boston Marathon.

And the going got rough in my healing journey after the suicide of my nephew on 3/4/2011.

I went way off of my healing path and gave up running and got involved in relationships and communities that were toxic for me.

On 4/15/13, I had a wake up call and knew I needed to get back to running and was searching for healers. I wrote poetry with great fervor and intention asking the question "How will I ever reclaim my life?" and conjuring up in my mind's eye what I needed for healing hands and heart to help me heal from the effects of trauma and paralytic polio.

After a serious knee injury in December of 2014, I said yes to healing and running and fired the nay sayers of a physiatrist, physical therapists and even a massage therapist. Once again I had no idea what I was doing; I was following this yes inside of me and allowed the Universe to lead the dance of my life.

Dr. Ryan Means, a chiropractor came into my life and he turned me toward the teachings of Dr. Joe Dispenza. The combination of Ryan's powerful intention to partner with me to heal and my embracing Dr. Joe's teachings gave me a sense of renewed hope that what I set out to do when I left the VA to heal my life and all I had written about in my poetry could come into being.

As the relationship with the massage therapist I was working with at the time began to deteriorate and the Universe hit me over the head with a 2 x 4 to get out of that relationship as fast as I could, I was ready to give up on working with another massage therapist. I'd had enough with different "techniques" and body workers who would be intrigued by my "case" and ended up doing more harm than good. But it was all a part of the journey for which I am most grateful.

I decided to say yes one more time...last chance...and at 4 am I went to the One Boston Day flyer, the events that marked the two year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings to see who was doing chair massage:


Once again I had no idea what I was doing. I was following my yes and hoping for the best.

"Jeff Spratt"
was volunteering and providing chair massage on a day that was both solemn and celebrated resilience.

And the rest as they say is history. That yes has led me to manifesting the healing that my heart and soul desired; to reclaim my life and to run and live free and unencumbered by the events of my past.

I continue to heal and journal and gain momentum in moving beyond the experiences of my past "conditioning my body to a new mind" to quote Dr. Joe Dispenza.

From Dr. Joe Dispenza: "As you continue to emotionally embrace the feeling of your new-found health, relationship, or job, the elevated emotions of your future start to change your body as well. Because you’re not feeling the same familiar way, the elevated emotions are causing your body to biologically move out of the past, which then begins to signal new genes to make new proteins in order to prepare your body for a future date with destiny."

It all begins by saying yes and believing that you are greater than your current circumstances and you have the power to reclaim advantage and reclaim life. For me - partnering with Jeffrey Spratt, MT, pioneer of the life saving and innovative Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy enables me to reclaim advantage and reclaim life through the power of positive touch. I continue to say yes to my healing and am so incredibly excited to partner with Jeffrey on and off the table to bring our message to the world and continuing to transform my life.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment