Friday, May 6, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Reclaim Strength! "You told me to go for it!"



Before today's massage therapy session with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, I told him that I have an even greater resolve to go the distance on my healing journey; that although there is a major stressor in my life right now and at times I feel as though I am sinking in quick sand in the face of that stress, that there is nothing that is going to stop me from complete healing from the effects of paralytic polio and violence.

He stood there grounded and strong and maintained eye contact with me as I told him that I was feeling a lot of congestion in my upper back, my chest and my throat. "I know these tremors are going to cease," I told him and went on to say that I wanted him to go deep in today's treatment to release what we had been working on layer by layer that was at once close to the surface yet still needing a deep clearing out. "Let's get you on the table," he said to me.

It is such a blessing to have a long term relationship with Jeffrey who is, in addition to being a brilliant and gifted muscular therapist, brings a compassionate presence to the work so I can release what needs to be released mind, body and soul.

"Is that frozen hamburger?" I asked as he was working on a spot in my upper back that has been tight and congested. He uses the analogy of muscles being like frozen hamburger when they are congested and tight and it takes art and skill to be able to thaw and heal the muscles. If you put on too high a heat you burn the outside but it's still frozen inside or if you don't use enough heat it will never thaw. "Is that the heel of your hand?" I asked Jeffrey as he worked. "No it's my elbow. You told me to go for it. How are you? You good?"

As he got in there to clean out what I have held for decades, I felt a strength rise up within me. "I am reclaiming my strength," I told him. I was keenly aware of the origins of the wounds yet I also felt incredibly strong. You know it's funny the wording on the website for Spratt Muscular Therapies is, " Jeffrey and his Team infuse a blend of Western and Eastern approaches into all of their treatments, transferring to you the power to RECLAIM YOUR ADVANTAGE and RECLAIM YOUR LIFE." At the same time that I was aware of all that happened to me, I could feel how strong I was to have endured all that I lived through. I could feel that energy coming through Jeffrey's strength and the calculated force of his elbow.

Strength and power to heal versus the brute force of a psychotic alcoholic. The Force met the Dark Side and as always happens The Force prevailed.

"Okay let's get you flipped over," Jeffrey said after he finished working on my arms, my legs, my back and my cranium. It was fascinating for me to experience the shift from not knowing what to do with my arms earlier on in our work together to now allowing Jeffrey to touch me and help me heal, to continue clearing out congestion, relieving stress and making way for me to continue the process of reclamation building strength in my upper body. Unless there is flow of clear, clean energy, the body cannot adapt to stress, grow and experience resilience with whatever stress (positive or negative) is placed upon it.

As soon as he started working on my legs I had this thought that I said out loud. "I could have defended myself Jeff. But he would have killed me. He would have broken my neck." I could feel the energetic connection to the rape being severed as I reclaimed my legs as my own.

Often times Jeffrey spends a lot of time flushing my legs and doing a deep stretch for my calves but he knew what I needed to work on today from our pre-treatment interview. He took care to do a quick runner's flush and then moved to my upper body. I allowed my heart and body to do what it needed to do to heal under the strength and support of Jeffrey's compassionate touch and voice. It all came up from the depths of my soul and I could feel my body release as I moved in ways I could not move as a child. As he did CranioSacral therapy I could feel an opening happen in my central nervous system. I felt a flow of cerebrospinal fluid and I could see the ceasing of the tremors and felt congestion melt away as layers of muscle opened in my throat and neck.

For almost ten years I have had a vow to heal my life. I wrote poems about running unencumbered and free and asked the question how would I ever reclaim my life? I now have the answer and am so blessed to reclaim my advantage, reclaim my life, reclaim my strength and to go the distance on my healing journey.



To your health and wellness,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment