Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! The Power of the ShakeOut (TM) Revisited




I was skeptical when Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the ShakeOut (TM) Masssage told me that you can experience all the benefits of a full body treatment while remaining clothed on the table for only 25 minutes. But last August, after a 7 mile training run, I experienced my first ShakeOut (TM). It was everything Jeffrey said it would be....and so much more!

Jeffrey was donating his time and talent at the Comfort Zone Camp Grief Relief 5K last October. He wanted me to experience the benefits of a 10 minute ShakeOut (TM) before and after racing.

I've had the ShakeOut (TM) before and after my big events and noticed the resiliency I experienced in my body.

This is the first year since I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome, "a progressive neuromuscular disease" back in December of 2006 that I have not experienced what I call a 'relapse" of symptoms.

There has been an enormous family stressor in our lives (details not important) and I know that weekly 90 minute massages with Jeffrey with the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy (on which the ShakeOut (TM) is based) has enabled me to navigate this stress.

I've been pushing myself hard in training and in the marathon of my life and last Friday I experienced a whispering of a resurgence of symptoms. I experienced what I call phantom pains from polio and reconstructive leg surgery in my left leg. I experienced a lot of nerve pain in my left leg and foot, swelling all over and pain in both knee joints. I knew they would pass and pass they did and I had a wonderful 5 mile run yesterday. I could feel that the stress was beginning to take a toll. I reminded myself of the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza and all the work I have done since March of last year. I am healed. I am healthy. I am strong. I have reconditioned my body to a new mind. My left leg is factory new.



I also knew that I needed a ShakeOut (TM) to give me a boost to ensure that I would continue my momentum on my health and wellness journey.

I told Jeffrey about what I experienced in my left leg and what I was experiencing mind, body and soul. After the initial compression, I could feel the tension melt away and my deep breath return. His warm hands on my left leg (the warmth went right through my running pants) reminded me to reclaim my left leg from the effects of paralytic polio and childhood rape. He worked with intention and concentration along the energy meridians of my body clearing out congestion and restoring a sense of balance, strength and confidence.

Jeffrey and I talked about his power point presentation on Training for Your Boston Marathon. "You talked about how runners have to be mindful of where they are vulnerable to injury," I said. "That's right," Jeffrey replied. "Everyone has areas that are vulnerable and you have to respect that." I realized that my vulnerability comes from having experienced a spinal cord injury and years of unrelenting violence. We both validated that I need to train smart and to also take exquisite care of myself because I give so much.

Prior to partnering with Jeffrey, that history was like an anchor on my ship and try as I might to break the mooring, I had been stuck at the shore.

The recent stress I have been experiencing has tested the strength of the healing but it is incumbent upon me to manage the stress and continue to, as Dr. Joe Dispenza says, "break the habit of being myself," and "recondition my body to a new mind."

While it is possible to create change by thought alone (and I sure did that when I first set sail on this journey), it is an incredible blessing that I found my way to Jeffrey where, through the power of positive touch, and his innovative ShakeOut(TM) Massage, I can continue to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life and navigate the turbulent waters around me without being anchored to my past.



I'm ready to begin a new week filled with strength, confidence, continuing to dream and believe and move forward in my health and wellness journey.

My hope is that everyone can experience the power of positive touch to at the very least, bring momentum and at its very best to be life saving!

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment