Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! My Early Morning Run



During my "off season" of training for races, I focused on cross training with the Arc Trainer and the Bike at Wave Health and Fitness along with continuing my swimming. X does mark the spot with cross training and I have noticed that I am feeling stronger and more fit. It is so important that we introduce new ways of training and new activities to our bodies to keep positive momentum.

It's time for me to return to two runs a week and begin to increase mileage on the weekend.

When the alarm goes off at 6:00am on a Tuesday morning, especially when I hear rain on the window, it's seriously tempting to hit the snooze button. But I am seriously dedicated to my health and wellness. Instead of hitting the snooze on the alarm, Tom and I do a 20 minute meditation followed by plank, crunches and knee to elbow crunches.

A piece of toast, a small glass of OJ or a banana depending on what I feel like and we are out the front door.

It's such a sacred time to spend with Tom. We are unplugged except for tracking miles with my Nike+. The beauty of the Reservoir and the skyline in the distance as trees are poised to burst forth with the joy of Spring is so special in the early morning hours.

I can feel the benefits of cross training as I no longer need to stop at every mile and charge up the hill on the way home with confidence and strength.

A funny moment came when it seemed like forever to get to 3.11 with my Nike+. I did a quick turn to make sure we got to 3.11 and not just 3.10 and stepped into a muddy hole in our front yard. My ankle twisted, I grabbed onto Tom and managed to stay on my feet. I sent healing energy to my ankle right away, iced it when I got in the house and it feels fine.

I am so deeply grateful for the resilience I feel in my body. After one year of partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, I have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life claiming my wellness and healing moving beyond the effects of paralytic polio and violence through the power of positive touch!

In the past, I was not able to begin another training cycle after a season of races. In the past I would have been intimidated to try any new equipment in the gym. In the past an early morning run would have been a struggle and something to slog through because I knew I had to but now, my early morning run is the in between space between yesterday's forgotten problems and today's beautiful possibilities.

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment