Saturday, April 9, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Managing Stress and Staying Healthy




During my morning meditation, the other day, I had an epiphany about how and why I experienced chronic illness and how, during these past 9 years I would not be able to get traction on my path to health and wellness. All the gunk from the past was trapped in the very fiber of my body and being. Despite my best intentions to heal harnessing the power of my mind through the power of writing poetry, visualization, meditation, running, yoga and working with countless body workers, I could not experience positive momentum in healing.

Until....

Almost one year ago now I began partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy and creator of Spratt Muscular Therapies

So what made the difference?

If you add stress to an already stressed to the max system, it is going to break down. No two ways about it. I completely broke down mind, body and Spirit back in December of 2006 but I refused to stay there.

When I first started working with Jeffrey I was so curious about the method he was using. It was unlike any other massage or form of body work I ever experienced. That's because it was HIS method of muscular therapy. The positive momentum is created by moving what had been stagnant for years. Other forms of body work and massage therapy I experienced merely moved the gunk around and it stayed stagnant but with Jeffrey's method of muscular therapy combined with our powerful connection and joining our intention for healing, I now have positive momentum. I can see and feel the wounds from paralytic polio and violence healing and in their wake I feel health and strength return.

There has been a lot of stress in my life lately-at work (you know the good kind of stress in growing a business but stress nonetheless) and some family challenges.

What's so different now is that because so much of the past is moved out and healed, I have the opportunity to experience and manage stress and maintain health and wellness rather than experience a resurgence of the symptoms I experienced as a result of the effects of paralytic polio in the guise of post polio syndrome and trauma.

Nothing is gonna hit as hard as life - that's for sure - "But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

Through the power of positive touch I have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life and that is how winning is done!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment