Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! It's All "Write"!



As so often happens with healing, the changes are imperceptible until one day it seems the healing happened over night.

On Marathon Monday, I worked in the Constitution Room at the Seaport Boston Hotel checking in the returning Boston Marathoners and letting them know how long a wait they would have for their complimentary ShakeOut (TM) Massages.


Handwriting has been a challenge for me due to hand tremors. The tremors were a result of the damage from paralytic polio followed by 9 years of unrelenting childhood violence; assaults against my mind, body and soul.

Through the power of positive touch administered by Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapies and Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies we have been healing the effects of paralytic polio and violence. He once told me that all he is providing are warm hands to guide my body to experience its natural capacity to heal. Well he is providing incredibly skilled touch with his innovative method of muscular therapy and compassionate presence as he bore witness and held the space for me to release and find relief in letting go of the past.

As I effortlessly and unselfconsciously wrote down names and email addresses marking time in and estimated wait time, I realized that my right hand was steady and my hand writing was clear!

Today marks the beginning of the 2nd year of treatment with Jeffrey. We began this journey together one year ago yesterday and as Jeffrey said to me today, "Just look at how much we have accomplished." He was referring to both my incredible journey as well as what we have done to grow the practice.

I've been able to accept all that happened to me feeling that it is all alright. There is nothing I can do to change the past but we are creating a different outcome through the power of positive touch and the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy. We continue to clear the congestion from the past and to also flush out the congestion that accumulates from my very active lifestyle and working on the computer.

Jeffrey paid special attention to my arms and hands today working to continue to facilitate healing and enable my life force to flow. I can feel new neuromuscular connections growing and I interpret all sensations in my body as signs of healing and growth and repair.

There was a very deep wound in my back that we have been healing. Today, in my mind's eye, I could see how it is healed. It was almost like watching time lapse photography to remember when it was gaping and every time Jeffrey touched it I would jump involuntarily. By bringing the emotions to the surface that were connected to this wound plus Jeffrey working with the tissue and structure of my body to release my body's natural ability to heal, the wound is transformed; I can breathe deeply again no longer protecting the wound, afraid of the terror I experienced and my body can repair the damage.

One year - just one year of partnering with Jeffrey and I have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life! I accept all that happened to me and can honestly say, it's alright and it's only going to keep getting better and better.

Remember there is always hope. There is always a way to heal you just have to keep on searching until you find the person and the method that is going to work for you!

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment