Friday, April 1, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Going the Distance - Refurbishing

After I posted this on Facebook the other day,


Bernie Siegel wrote, "going the distance is the issue and not how long it takes you to get there."

It was a message from Spirit reminding me that I need to be gentle and patient with myself as I go the distance in my health and wellness journey trusting that everything I need is right here at hand and I don't have to rush the process.

I mentioned what Bernie wrote before my massage therapy treatment with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, on Wednesday. Jeffrey acknowledged the journey and commented that we are refurbishing my body and I can take all the time I need.

Refurbishing - what an amazing phrase.

To make clean, bright, or fresh again; renovate
to furbish again; renovate; brighten
renovate, recondition, rehabilitate, revamp, overhaul, restore, renew, redevelop, rebuild, reconstruct; redecorate, spruce up, upgrade, refit, retrofit, bring up to code


As Jeffrey worked on my arms I was moved to say to him, "Thank you for helping me to clean up the mess."

"You are entirely welcome," Jeffrey said with warmth and compassion.

It's amazing to me that not once during these past 9 years in the wake of the diagnosis of post polio syndrome, a "progressive neuromuscular disease" did I ever give up. I stayed strong and while there may have been twists and turns and detours on my healing path, I knew somewhere deep down inside of me I was going the distance no matter how long it took me to heal.

As we clean up the mess from the past we are refurbishing my sacred earthly home releasing my body's natural capacity to heal, to be resilient and to have greater and greater capacity for an abundant life; a life that I get to reclaim after the ravages of paralytic polio and violence. It's quite the miracle...and one that I feel blessed to co-create through partnering with Jeffrey.

Here's to everyone going the distance - whatever the challenge, whatever the goal and however long it takes to get there!

To your health and wellness,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment