Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! I've Come a Long Way Baby!



After the intensity of last Thursday's treatment followed by incredible release and relief and an amazing full day on Saturday, my husband Tom was wise to notice that I needed a ShakeOut (TM) today.

After my ShakeOut (TM) massage this morning with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, I had few words to express to him just how deeply grateful I am to him and the work we have done during this past year. He barely knew me and my struggles a year ago. I lived in chronic pain and experienced chronic fatigue. While I was fiercely working to heal and get traction on my healing journey, I was struggling, suffering and enduring the effects of paralytic polio and violence.

When I woke up yesterday morning I felt that familiar solar plexus clutch and was very anxious about our upcoming event at the Boston Marathon (R) Adidas RunBase store. But unlike a year ago if something like this would be coming up, I realized during my meditation, that I had the power to create and visualize how I wanted the day to go. It met and exceeded our expectations. Here are the photo highlights:



I loved meeting and greeting the runners as they returned from the Run Club or were returning from their last long run before the Boston Marathon and talking with staff about the work we do at Spratt Muscular Therapies. Their joy was evident on their faces as they were asked if they would like a complimentary massage and the relief they experienced after Jeffrey's work was palpable. One of the staff posted this on Facebook:

"Come into the store from now until 1pm for a COMPLIMENTARY runner's ShakeOut (TM) treatment by the one and only Jeff Spratt. He developed his own approach to bodywork using principles of massage and body awareness as well as body manipulation. IT IS AMAZINGGGG!!!"

The store manager, Rafer was showing visitors to the store how they could look up a Boston Marathon finisher in their data base. I explained to him that the clock was turned off just a few minutes before we came into the finish line after having an early start. We never made it into the finisher's book. We looked up our names to find out they were not in the data base. I said it was fine because we had our medals


and our finish line photo:


But Rafer took down our names and our finishing time and said the next time we come into the store, we would be able to look us up and see our names as Boston Marathon finishers!

After the event, Tom asked me if I still wanted to go on our four mile run. Usually a 3 hour event in which I am on my feet (although I did take a few breaks to sit down) meeting and greeting people would have wiped me out if I would have been able to do it at all!

We had lunch at Pizzeria Uno. A power salad and a small slice of Tom's deep dish pizza and being around all that running energy and remembering our own Boston Marathon run fueled me.

While I was doing the event, Tom went on a run with the Boston Bulldogs Running Club. He picked up my Club jacket which was perfect given the conditions of a strong headwind. Fortunately the sun had come out to add a little warmth to the day.

I was energized and so needed to get out to do a four miler after my last four mile run that I barely made it through. I used to stop at every mile for a sip of water or just to catch my breath. I now go once around the Reservoir 1.6 miles without stopping! Tom and I were trying to figure out the best way to avoid a headwind but it didn't matter which way we went. I was so energized by the morning's event that I powered through the run.



Before I signed off from Facebook last night I wrote this post:
What a most amazing, blessed day this has been! It's days like these that remind me how far I've come on my journey to health and wellness. Spent the morning at the Boston Marathon adidas Runbase store having a great time greeting runners after their last long run and getting them on Jeffrey Spratt,MT's table for complimentary ShakeOut (TM) massages. I loved the look on their faces when I asked, "Would you like a complimentary sports massage today?" "Seriously?" they'd ask and afterwards their relief was palpable. So amazing to meet the crew at the store making wonderful connections. And then I went on a four mile run, came home and did some more work and now I am so ready for meditation and sleep. But you have to realize where I was even a year ago as chronic pain and fatigue were my norm. But all that's behind me now and I feel so blessed that I have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life through the power of positive touch and the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy. It's awesome to share the pioneering work that Jeffrey does and to uplift and inspire others with my journey. So I'm signing off for tonight with a full and grateful heart...sending out love, peace and comfort and ease to all! Until tomorrow dear friends....have a wonderful night!


I no longer call it my healing journey but rather my journey to health and wellness.

I needed to recap the day and notice how I've come a long way during these past 9 years since being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease, with most of the healing happening since I started working with Jeffrey on 4/19/15.

Sometimes you just gotta look back at the past and smile and see how far you've gotten.

To your health and wellness!
Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment