Monday, March 28, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! It's All So Possible....



It was just about this time one year ago that I began reading Dr. Joe Dispenza's book, "You Are The Placebo." For the previous 8 years following the diagnosis of post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease, I was writing poetry visualizing myself as healthy and whole, free, reclaiming my life and running unencumbered. I've been on a mission these past 9 years to heal the effects of paralytic polio and childhood trauma.

I hope this isn't TMI but I really have to share this...

One of the issues I have dealt with for years and especially the last 9 years and one of the "hallmarks" of post polio syndrome is difficulty swallowing. At its worst, I would aspirate food and back in the day was on a semi soft diet and drank liquids through a straw and used a chin tuck per the instructions of the Speech and Language Therapist at the Spaulding Rehab International Rehab Center for Polio. I experienced what was called "pooling" of food because the left side of my esophagus had weakened to the point where it couldn't push food down. Once I realized what was causing the sensation of always having a lump in my throat, I got to work on visualizing strengthening my muscles. I was able to ditch the semi-soft food diet and drinking through a straw but I have to be mindful when I eat. Well we all should be mindful when we eat. It is easy for food to go down the wrong way with me and foods like carrots, spinach, arugula and sprouts can get stuck. When they do I have to gargle and then well you get the idea....

Last week I was having an issue with carrots and I imagined the warm hands of Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy gently massaging my throat area. One of the things that has happened in the treatments recently is that I can re-experience the trauma in the safety of Jeffrey's treatment room and have him "come back" with me to heal whatever happened. We can't change the events but we are changing the outcome through the power of positive touch as I receive the healing, love, support and comfort after the traumatic events I experienced. I was orally raped at the age of 8 just 3 years after contracting paralytic polio so it is no wonder why my swallowing muscles could not regain their strength after polio. In last Thursday's treatment, after I told Jeffrey how I imagined him massaging my throat telling me it was okay and I was able to relax the subtle body muscles in my throat and could complete the swallowing of the carrots, he spent time working on my throat even making a ring around my throat with the warm energy from his hands being a conduit for Divine energy to spring forth from within me to meet the energy of the Divine flowing through him to heal this crucial chakra in my body.

This evening we had a wonderful salad with dinner complete with sprouts. I could feel the sprout get caught and rather than needing to go through what I usually have had to go through to dislodge it, etc. I harnessed the power of my mind. I reminded myself that I am healed and that I am, "factory new" - the phrase that Jeffrey and I came up with to describe my journey of transformation and healing.

I sat quietly and with very little effort was able to swallow the sprout that had gotten caught in my throat.

I can feel how every day in every way my mind, body and soul heal and transform.



The prognosis for healing the effects from trauma and coincidentally the prognosis for post polio syndrome were very similar. The best "we" could "hope for" was to stabilize the symptoms and find ways to cope and manage rather than go for complete healing.

But you know what? There IS complete healing -- it's all so possible and I am so blessed that I found my way to Jeffrey's table where we partner to reverse the effects of trauma and paralytic polio. I am living proof that when you fall in love with process, the results will come because we do live in a world of infinite possibilities!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment