Monday, March 21, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life: From Horror to Healing; From the War Zone to the Comfort Zone



It's true - it's true - the crown has made it clear..the climate must be perfect all year...



It's true - the injury from trauma heals!

When I worked at the VA as a social worker back in the 80's,90's and even early 2000's, there was a grim prognosis for trauma survivors. Even the diagnosis of post traumatic stress disorder spoke to the effects of trauma being a disorder. But the new thinking is that trauma creates an injury and like any injury it just needs time, love, compassion and patience to heal.

It took me 9 years before I finally found my way to Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy that is a powerful method for healing the injuries from trauma. Through the power of positive touch, like an explorer, Jeffrey and I partner together to find those land mines of trauma triggers that were held fast in the fiber of my Being and in the very cells of my body. What is so exciting for me is that I am moving from re-experiencing the horror so it can heal to experiencing the healing. I am building new memories, new neuromuscular pathways that were short circuited by the one two punch of paralytic polio and violence and I am beginning to experience comfort - even when I experience discomfort!

There's no two ways about it. I grew up in a war zone. And for decades I lived my life as though I were still living in that war zone. Through meditation and partnering with Jeffrey, I am able to sort out the conditioned responses and even ask myself, "Is this a war zone response?" "What can I do to gain clarity and see things as they are right now?" It is incredibly liberating to not be a slave to the conditioning from my past.

I cherish each moment of feeling free with creative energy flowing. With clearing out and cleaning out the debris from the past through the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy I have space to build strength, prevent injuries and dis-ease and enjoy the comfort of the skin that I am in.

I am very excited to be writing my next book "Going the Distance" in which I chronicle my journey after where my memoir, "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" ends. It is exciting to be able to send a message of healing, hope and possibility to trauma survivors and for people to know that one can heal and move forward from whatever horrific circumstances life may throw our way.

It's true - it's true - the crown has made it clear...trauma heals. One can go from horror to healing and restore peace, equanimity, comfort and ease to the land!

To everyone finding their Camelot!

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment