Friday, March 18, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Endurance

The Boston Marathon is one month from today and today Boston celebrated the traditional rite of Spring and getting ready for Marathon Monday with the unveiling of the Boston Marathon banners at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.



This year's themes include gratitude, passion, pride, dedication, inspired, drive, psyched, believe, heart, strength, glory and spirit with an over arching theme being endurance.

Simple Definition of endurance

: the ability to do something difficult for a long time

: the ability to deal with pain or suffering that continues for a long time

: the quality of continuing for a long time

How amazing that in yesterday's treatment with Jeffrey Spratt,MT we were talking about endurance. In addition to Jeffrey being a brilliant muscular therapist in keeping endurance athletes at the top of their game, Jeffrey's Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy is a life saver for those of us who have experienced trauma.

Jeffrey creates a safe and trusting environment that allows me to bring the traumatic events to the surface and heal them mind, body and soul. The beauty is that now I no longer have to endure the suffering of those events alone AND through the power of positive touch, those wounds of the flesh, mind, heart and soul can now heal.

I endured decades of abuse but there is an amazing resilience of my Spirit that enabled me to go the distance until I could find someone to partner with who could make manifest the prayers of a little girl; praying for someone to help me heal, to protect me and to help me feel my wholeness and my holiness.

I went the distance in the 2009 Boston Marathon and despite advice to the contrary, returned to the roads to become an endurance runner once more in 2016.

What a blessing to be in sync with the Universe as messages of gratitude, passion, pride, dedication, inspiration, drive, heart, strength and endurance now line the streets of Boston as Boston prepares to run again one month from today. What a blessing that I was able to endure all that went before to arrive in my life today where through the grace of God I am able to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment