Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Countdown to Hyannis 2016-Momentum



I've got butterflies about running the Hyannis 10K on Sunday after a 5 year hiatus and I am feeling so much excitement about the weekend. As I visualize the race, I remember when we ran the Bermuda Half Marathon and we reached the 6 mile mark. I felt amazing and commented to Tom, "oh my goodness - we just ran the Hyannis 10K."

When I woke up this morning I was feeling sore all over; a good sore that comes after 5 days of training. I smiled realizing what a difference a year makes when I would wake up feeling tired and in pain regardless of how much sleep I may have gotten the night before. Despite going for weekly massage therapy, there was still a lot of sludge stuck in my body and paradoxically, there was more sludge being added in because of the therapist's issues that were coming into the sessions.

How blessed and grateful I feel that on April 19, 2015, I walked into Wave Health and Fitness at the Seaport Hotel to partner with Jeffrey Spratt, MT. I didn't know much about Jeffrey at the time other than what I gleaned from his very basic website.

I did know that from the moment I experienced his unique method of muscular therapy something was about to change in my healing journey.

With the precision of a surgeon's scalpel and the warm, tender hands of a healer, we partner together to clear out the blockages that caused chronic pain and fatigue. In recent treatments, as Jeffrey worked on my shoulders, neck and scapula, he reminded me of the burdens that I've carried since childhood and cleans out the areas where I experienced violence. He reminds me that it is time for me to let go and fully embody my body and Being. There is powerful healing and relief to have conversations about my past with Jeffrey who brings compassionate presence to the work completely focused on my healing. I can feel Divine energy flow through him to me to restore my mind, body and soul to their original factory settings.

And through the work, I am gaining momentum in my health and wellness journey. The focus is on moving through and clearing the traumatic memories from the past that were bound and held in my physical being.

Jeffrey's tag line of Reclaim Advantage and Reclaim Life is so much more than a marketing tool. The work brings profound results.

I can cross train in the pool, do strength training and use the cardio equipment at WaveHealth. It is amazing how much energy is available now that the terror and pain of the past are not weighing me down.

I'm in the process of repairing and rebuilding and healing; building strength and momentum.

When Team McManus toes the starting line in Hyannis among our friends who are our running family, it's going to be another treasured moment in my comeback--and when we cross the finish line hands held high together and receive our bling, it will be another moment in time of at last being able to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life from the thieves who tried to steal it away from me.

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment