Wednesday, February 10, 2016

How do you start your day? Putting the good back in good morning!



My day used to start with feeling like a slug. No matter how many hours of sleep I would get I did not wake up feeling refreshed and energized. I would meditate and visualize and work hard to jump start my day but my body had not yet caught up to my imaginings for health and wholeness.

Since partnering with Jeffrey Spratt, MT, pioneer of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy and Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, I wake up eager to greet the day. I meditate, feel gratitudes overflow in my heart and 6 days a week I begin the day with a plank and crunches; twice a week it's plank, crunches and sit ups. I either move into strength training, a run or cross training in the pool at Wave Health and Fitness.

I used to need naps throughout the day; I just could not sustain my energy and now it makes perfect sense why I was unable to sustain my energy level; there were still residuals from paralytic polio and the effects of trauma was like sludge in my mind/body.

This morning I got up at 5:00 am to go to a BNI meeting to represent Jeffrey and the practice and to network. I'd been in BNI 9 years ago to promote my greeting card business, New World Greeting Cards, original poetry for every occasion. It was through BNI that I met my personal trainer who partnered with me on the road to the 2009 Boston Marathon. There were several members still in the chapter who had been there when I was a member. It warmed my heart to hear them say, "My goodness Mary you look amazing."

I went to WaveHealth to get a treadmill run on and was blessed to have Tanya as my workout buddy. Before I even really knew Tanya, we had this amazing connection and then in October we had a magical moment at Wave as I wrote about in this blog. I kicked butt on the treadmill workout. It always helps having a work out buddy:



and then I worked with Jeffrey for the afternoon.

It is an absolute miracle to me that I am able to start my day feeling energetic, refreshed and then to be able to sustain that energy throughout the day. I am training for the Hyannis 10K on the heels of running the Bermuda Half Marathon. On the treadmill I can kick up my pace and monitor my heart rate along with pace and distance. And I am working again!

I am surrounded by people who are dedicated to health and wellness and so blessed to represent Jeffrey and our innovative massage therapy practice wherever I go.

I feel passion and purpose. I feel vibrant and alive eager to greet each day knowing what a blessing it is to experience healing, health, wellness and to at last be able to reclaim my life and reclaim my advantage!

How do you start your day? I am so blessed to be able to put the good back in good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment