Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Countdown to Bermuda: Do I Really Need a Website?


Who ever survives a Test must tell the story!
That is his duty!
~Elie Wiesel

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are."
~Joseph Campbell

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
~Maya Angelou



Tom told me that we needed to migrate my website to a new hosting company.

"Do I really need a website?" I asked him.

We had a wonderful conversation about why I needed a website and changing host companies gave me the push I needed to look at my message. It gave me a wonderful opportunity to look at where I've been and what's next for this runner girl.

I updated the Epilogue in my memoir, "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing odyssey to foreshadow my next book, "Going the Distance." I decided to unpublish "Journey Well" and will incorporate highlights from "Journey Well" to set the stage for "Going the Distance."

My story is not about what happened to me but rather my triumph over challenges time and time again. Running, meditation, seeking out healers and not stopping until I found Jeffrey Spratt, MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies who partners with me to go the distance in my life and on the roads.

My purpose is to inspire others to go the distance whatever the goal, whatever the challenge.



I imagined a life different than the one prognosticated for me in December of 2007 and then I kept imagining running unencumbered, reclaiming my life and reclaiming my advantage.

Imagination morphed into possibility and possibility became reality.

Tomorrow I leave for Bermuda; my first vacation in 8 years with running shoes replacing a leg brace and wheelchair! On Sunday I will cross the finish line of the Bermuda Half Marathon.

Do I really need a website? Oh yes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment