Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Build That Dream - Team Work Makes the Dream Work

When Kay Davis, a nurse I worked with at the VA and I used to talk about our life after the VA, we fantasized about going to work in Bloomingdale's; a stark contrast to the work we were doing serving those who serve. While we cherished every moment of our opportunity to serve those who serve, we knew that at some point we would need a change in our lives to do something completely different. After I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease (um yeah you see how accurate that diagnosis was) in December 2006, I began to journal about my life after the VA. It included working in luxurious surroundings, going to meetings all dressed up in my Sunday best, power lunches and breakfasts (including one at the Holiday Inn - yes a hotel) and building a business. That was my dream!



It took me several years to land at my destination but here I am working with Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC which is based in the Seaport Hotel Boston at Wave Health and Fitness.



Jeffrey is building his dream of an innovative massage therapy practice in a world class hotel where he and his dream team of therapists supported by the team at Wave Health and Fitness to provide momentum changing, at times life changing and life saving experiences through the power of positive touch.

On Saturday we expand our practice from one room to two rooms. We will be able to now respond to the request for couples and friends' massage and be able to meet the demand for quality massage therapy experience in the thriving and growing Seaport area in Boston.

Jeffrey emphasizes team work both within Spratt Muscular Therapies and being a part of Wave Health and Fitness and the Seaport Hotel Boston.

One of the most challenging parts of my retirement was losing being a part of a team with a common purpose. I would go to networking events to build my greeting card business, New World Greeting Cards, original poetry for every occasion and then became a part of the running community but never had a sense of belonging to a team passionate about the work we do.

I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of the team at Wave Health and Fitness and the Seaport where we want to deliver the highest quality of customer service and support people in their goals for health, fitness, wellness and well being to be able to go the distance in their lives whatever the goal and whatever the challenge; where people can reclaim their advantage and reclaim their life!

It's an exciting time to be a part of this team and to build that dream. It's my dream come true to be back at work doing what I love and loving what I do with an incredible team of individuals.

Dream that dream and always believe and watch the Universe deliver everything you need to succeed because if you don't build your own dream, you'll be working for someone else to build theirs.





No comments:

Post a Comment