Sunday, November 8, 2015

Until it's time to heal....


A member of my Merrimack Valley Striders running family posted this on Facebook the other day:

"Enjoying my evening with you Mary - such beautiful poetry."



It's an excerpt from one of my favorite poems. I am so blessed that my words resonate with the hearts and souls of others.

Here is the full poem that my friend was gracious enough to post from one of my earlier books of poems, "Elements of Healing":



The body remembers what the mind tries to forget ... until it's time to heal.

For the past 9 years I have been on a quest to heal mind, body and Spirit from the ravages of paralytic polio and violence.

My quest ended when I found my way to the table of Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC who just happens to be trained in using the power of positive touch to heal trauma and also developed the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy to revolutionize the practice of massage therapy.

Last Thursday, before my treatment, something happened in my life that shook me to my core. The circumstances are irrelevant but what is important is that I went from a triggered state of fight/flight to a state of being grounded, centered and clear about my next steps after 90 minutes on the table with Jeffrey. The physical and emotional comfort provided on the heated table helped me to not only manage the current situation but to also become aware of and clean out a very deep wound.

This weekend I ran 9.5 miles on Saturday and on Sunday cheered Jeffrey on at the Spartan Race at Fenway after doing my strength training work out. Tom was wearing his FitBit and we walked 3 miles to/from/through Fenway Park. Jeffrey had us follow him to a few of the different obstacles and we were delighted to cheer him on.



We went to Chinatown for Pho to celebrate Jeffrey's stunning race.

I am healing mind, body and spirit and reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life. I am going the distance on and off the roads. Despite whatever challenging circumstances may be happening around me, I am able to manage them through the power of positive touch, meditation, and the love and support that surrounds us.

My mind can remember, and let go of the pain and confusion My body can let go of the pain it held so tightly in the very fiber of my cells and in my heart and my Being. Yes the intention I set forth through my pen, my divining rod of healing is coming into physical reality. It IS indeed time to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment