Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Having Faith



After having my leg taped by Dr. Ryan Means and receiving a shot of confidence and a boost of faith, I took the first step back on the roads in March after a knee injury that the previous massage therapist I was working with, two physical therapists, a physiatrist and the Aquatics Therapist at Spaulding Rehab said would mark the end of my running career. I saw beyond the appearances of my MRI that showed a deteriorated knee joint with bone spurs, torn cartilage, a fatty lipoma and the list went on. Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. Oh and lest we forget an atrophied gastroc (calf) muscle from paralytic polio.

I fervently read Dr. Joe Dispenza’s book, You Are the Placebo and watched his videos infusing myself with the power of belief to heal my body through the power of my mind.

I found my way to Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC whose tagline Reclaim Advantage, Reclaim Life combined with his innovative Spratt Method brought results and gave me the traction on my healing journey that I’d been searching for these past 9 years.

“You are very lucky,” my dental hygienist at Brookline Dental Center said to me yesterday as she noticed my front chipped tooth. I’d forgotten that I chipped my tooth in the fall I took while on a training run.

As I sat up to rinse out my mouth I showed her the palm of my hand. “The skin was completely gone yet look at it now. There is not even a scar!”



Joe Dispenza talks about focusing on the wave, not the particle when we want to create change. It is so easy to focus on reacting to what appears to be happening rather than opening our heart and mind to creating what positive outcomes we want to see come into creation. Did you realize that R E A C T I O N and C R E A T I O N have the same letters? To go from reaction to creation you just have to rearrange things a bit and have faith trusting in the process.



One of the things I love about partnering with Jeffrey is that where they may be injury or tightness or dis-ease, he can imagine and use his hands to tap into potential and possibility. He knows on a very deep level that the body, mind, heart and soul have a tremendous capacity for healing when we create the optimal healing environment; he harnesses the power of positive touch to create that environment. I remember saying to Jeffrey in one of my earlier appointments with him while looking deep into his eyes, “We believe the same thing.”
He nodded and I had reaffirmation that I’d found the person I needed to travel with me on these next miles of my healing journey.

I had to take that first step; to get back on the roads despite appearances to the contrary and to trust yet another massage therapist hoping and having faith that Jeffrey would be the one. I went from a state of reaction to my body, to the injury, and struggling with previous body workers to creation reminding myself of what I visualized and wrote about in my poetry tapping into the Universe of infinite possibilities to reveal the beauty and wonder of the whole staircase. This weekend Team McManus will lace up and get out there and run 10 miles and two months from today we toe the line at the Bermuda Half Marathon! The journey back all began with me having faith and taking that first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment