Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks: What a Difference a Year Makes!

I remember this time last year like it was yesterday. My left knee was brewing an injury. I believed that I would never run more than a 5K again. It was cold and slushy as we ran the Boston Volvo Village 5K. We met some amazing people that day and we raised money for the MS Society. I was pushing myself and I could feel somewhere deep inside of me that I was going to have another wake up call.



When I set out to heal my life after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease 9 years ago, I was not going to fall short of everything I imagined and dreamed about; everything I wrote about in my poetry to reclaim my life and running free and unencumbered and healing everything in the wake of contracting paralytic polio and experiencing childhood domestic violence.

And so the injury came and the Universe put people in my path who would propel me to my destiny.

While I started practicing an attitude of gratitude right after my diagnosis seeing everything that happened in my life as a gift and a blessing, I can feel gratitude overflowing in my heart this Thanksgiving.

If you would have told me that I'd be running 10.5 miles this weekend and training for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January, I would have politely said, "You are nuts."

If you would have told me I'd be back to work I would have said oh that's it - you are really crazy.

But here I am!!!

Communications and Public Relations Director for Spratt Muscular Therapies,LLC and Executive Assistant to Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal. I partner with him each week in 90 minute treatments to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life. We are creating and growing a business and next week we are opening up a second room. The Universe is sending us everything we need to succeed. But you know what? This isn't about success - this is about an innovative massage therapy practice that changes lives. Jeffrey's belief about the power of positive touch is that “Massage Therapy at its finest can be life changing and even life saving, and even at its very basic, massage therapy should be momentum changing.” ~Jeffrey Spratt, MT

The momentum on my healing journey shifted after my first treatment with him on April 19th of this year. My life has been saved, transformed and the healing continues. I am doing complex tasks with power point presentations and scheduling. Creative juices flow as I feel Spirit nudging me with ways to spread the word about Spratt Muscular Therapies. Brain fog, chronic fatigue and self doubts are gone. Chronic pain is a mere memory and I experience strength, confidence and a partnering with the Divine to claim what was my birth right: to live a full, vibrant, vital, joyful, peaceful and happy life.

I have these amazing meetings orchestrated by the Divine and am bringing together all of my skills and talents to help bring healing into other people's lives. We create ripples of kindness, of caring, of easing pain and tension, stress and heartache through the power of positive touch.



I am giving thanks this Thanksgiving for the journey of this past year and for arriving in this moment. What a difference a year makes!

What are you grateful for?





No comments:

Post a Comment