Wednesday, October 14, 2015

And that's the truth! Freedom!

Does anyone remember Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann on Laugh In in the 60's? She played a 5 year old girl in a rocking chair spouting a font of wisdom as she saw the world through her eyes and ending each segment with "And that's the truth." She would then blow a raspberry.

Yesterday my husband received an email from someone wanting to 'chat' about the content in my blog. He skillfully responded to this person saying how he thought my blog was wonderful because I speak truthfully about my experiences. My intention in talking about the body workers with whom I worked in the past and I reference them without names, is so that anyone who reads this who might have had a similar experience will have permission to trust their gut and find a healer that will partner with them and help them to reclaim their advantage and reclaim their life. I know we can't possibly see everyone at Spratt Muscular Therapies and there are so many amazing therapists out there. I know many of my runner friends have found some wonderful massage therapists who partner with them. By the same token, there are therapists who do not have wonderful intentions and skills and knowledge to harness to help people with whatever their body needs.

What freedom to finally be able to speak my truth and to have Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies,LLC bring compassionate presence to me sharing my truth.

The truth of my past is that I bore witness to some of mankind's most cruel and inhumane acts. Perhaps the most cruel and inhumane act of all was being silenced.

Silence turned into shame, blame, guilt, embarrassment, and eventually dis-ease. And led me to work with people who were not helping me to heal.

Once I began expressing myself through poetry and most recently in treatments with Jeffrey where my body can release what it held for decades, I am becoming healthy and whole, vibrant and vital and free.

I'm still on my journey and I'm going the distance but every day in every way I heal on deeper and deeper levels. In the wake of the pain there is unbridled joy and my beautiful essence shines through. One of my dear friends on Facebook said, "you are more beautiful every day! You are aging backwards!"

And that's because I no longer have to keep silent about what happened to me and I am partnering with a mind/body therapist who is working with me to go the distance.

To anyone who takes issue with my truth telling, all I can say is and that's the truth!

And the truth shall set you free!



No comments:

Post a Comment