Monday, September 21, 2015

We're All Just Walking Each Other Home: Magical Meeting in the Garden



When Jeffrey and I started working together we each had the feeling that something very powerful was happening in the Universe through our work and our connection. Jeffrey was moved to share my inspirational journey with other clients and told me that he thought a lot about me. "I can't wrap my head around any of it right now," Jeffrey said during those early treatment sessions. I knew something very powerful was happening but I couldn't yet articulate the profound impact our work was having on me.

Our purpose is becoming clearer and clearer especially when there are "chance" encounters such as this one:

I call the Plaza Garden at the Seaport Boston Hotel my happy place.



Last Thursday was an unseasonably warm and beautiful late summer day here in Boston. Every chair in the Garden was taken except for one and that chair just happened to be in the sun where I love to get my dose of Vitamin D for the day. "Is anyone sitting here?" I asked the woman having her lunch. "No you are now."

We each tentatively dipped our toes into the water of conversation not wanting to disturb each other unsure if each of us wanted to engage in conversation. We started by talking about the weather and little by little peeled away the layers of polite conversation.

A conversation about work morphed into a conversation that deeply blessed each of us as we allowed ourselves to be vulnerable, open and honest with each other.

She sent me an email when she got back to the office:

I just spent 40 minutes talking with you in the park and I wanted to thank you. You are so impressive and just so inspirational. Your story touched me in a lot of ways. I realized that I am not healing from my brother’s death as well as I had thought or hoped I was. Trials and tribulations of motherhood have led me to some ugly moments with my kids and that kills me. But listening to you and watching you speak with literally an enormous smile on your face brought me to tears on the way back to my office. I had to call my daughter and apologize for my part in an argument a couple of nights ago; and to tell her how much I was going to try to be a better mom to her. I went on to tell her all about our lunch and how it was so enjoyable meeting someone new and just being able to listen to what people go through and how inspirational you were to me. It’s time for me to figure out how to heal what needs healing and to get back on the horse. It was an honor to spend my lunch with you today.


Just as it was no accident that I spent 40 minutes in the Garden with this wonderful soul, it was no accident that brought Jeffrey and me together. He and his Team have a unique approach to muscular therapy that harnesses the power of the body's natural ability to heal and to facilitate healing mind, body and soul. Whenever I represent the work we do together and Spratt Muscular Therapies, the magic happens. We are all just walking each other home, helping each other to fly and soar and what a blessing when we can touch each other's lives to bring comfort, relief, peace, inspiration and momentum.

To going the distance whatever the challenge whatever the goal.




I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing odyssey in "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" and continue the journey in "Journey Well." These two inspirational books that will motivate you and move you to tears along with my books of inspirational poetry are available on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment