Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Launch of Boston Magazine's Chinese Edition


"Hi Mary. It's Nell calling from Blue Diamond Athletic Displays. I was wondering if you'd like to attend an event in Boston that we can't make. I think it will be perfect for you. It's the launch of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Chinese Edition."

Before I became Communications and Public Relations Director for Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC, I had sent in a nomination to the editors for Best of Boston Best Massage. In between the time that Nell arranged for us to attend the event and the evening of the event, Jeffrey Spratt, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies hired me to be his Communications and Public Relations Director. The synchronicity was stunning!

"Are you Paula?" a gentleman asked me as the Roof Garden began to fill with people to celebrate the launch of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Chinese edition.

"No. I'm Mary McManus. It's a pleasure to meet you."

What a coincidence that I was speaking with David Garland, advertising account manager who just happened to manage the Blue Diamond Athletic Displays account. We chatted for a bit. Exchanged cards and went about mingling with the guests.

It seemed as though there were magnets attracting me to the people who I was supposed to meet.

I was blessed to meet Joe Li who is the manager of the Cultural, Educational and Business Exchange. As we exchanged cards we found ourselves engaged in a powerful and poignant conversation about the China-US relations and the challenges of Chinese immigrants who come to the U.S. We shared with him that our dear friend and my chiropractor Dr. Ryan Means is in China and experienced this wonderful cultural exchange. Joe told me that I must speak to high school students who are experiencing challenges and a sense of hopelessness as they see their parents working long days at jobs with little promise for advancement. He said that I could certainly inspire them with my journey of overcoming incredible odds to be the woman I am today.

We met several other fascinating and intriguing people while sipping on seltzer water with lemon, a glass of red wine and dining on roasted duck, salmon sushi, vegetables panini, mini lobster rolls and spring rolls. The presentation of the food and the service was impeccable. The music was provided by Yun Huang who had the voice of an angel.

With a room filled to capacity with people I know that I made the exact connections I was meant to make. Everything flowed. Conversation was easy and light and I was able to represent both Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, the work I do with Jeffrey and Spratt Muscular Therapies.

There was magic and mysticism, awe and wonder as the Universe brought me to be exactly where I was meant to be on Thursday evening.

Here are the photos that capture the beauty and magic of the evening:



So grateful to Nell for thinking of me to attend the launch of Boston Magazine's Chinese Edition for Best of Boston. Many seeds were planted and it will be fascinating to see what takes root and blossoms.







No comments:

Post a Comment