Thursday, September 17, 2015

Going the Distance: #tbt May 17, 2007 - Expect Miracles



When I walked away from my almost 20 year award winning career as a social worker at the VA, I knew I needed to heal my life from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma. I had no idea what that meant or how or when it would happen. I was terrified, exhilarated, relieved and knew I had a long hard road ahead of me. I'd experienced miracles before so I expected miracles would happen again in my life. There have been micro and macro miracles along the way but perhaps the greatest surprise miracle of this journey came when Jeffrey Spratt,MT Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies LLC offered me the job of Communications and Public Relations Director for his practice.

I thought my working days were far behind me. Why I even had a retirement party:


When we live our lives as though everything is a miracle and are open to the promptings of the Universe we find ourselves blissfully moving along the current of life gaining momentum moving confidently in the direction of our dreams.

Expect miracles and go the distance!




I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing odyssey in "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" and continue the journey in "Journey Well." These two inspirational books that will motivate you and move you to tears along with my books of inspirational poetry are available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment