Sunday, September 27, 2015

Going the Distance: On Healing and Super Heroes

The other morning I posted a photo to my Morning Light album on Facebook:



One of my friend's said "It looks like Batman paid you a visit."

Batman has in fact paid me a visit in the guise of Jeffrey Spratt, MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC.

“Massage Therapy at its finest can be life changing and even life saving, and even at its very basic, massage therapy should be momentum changing.” ~Jeffrey Spratt, MT


For the past 9 years I have been on a quest to heal my mind, body and Spirit from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma.

I could only get so far in the journey...and it wasn't for lack of trying. I hadn't found the right person to partner with me to go the distance and heal everything.

The transformation from a survivor to a woman healthy, whole, strong and transformed has been gaining steady momentum since partnering with Jeffrey.

On Thursday, I had a huge breakthrough during the treatment.

I allowed myself to surrender as Jeffrey manipulated my lumbar and my thoracic spine. He cued me to drop my shoulders and as I dropped my posture of vigilance and waiting for the next blow to hit, the tears began to flow. As Jeffrey moved into my jaw and face, I let the emotional dam from my past break through the wall I had built around myself.

As I sobbed from the depths of my soul, Jeffrey comforted me with words and touch. For the first time I uttered the words, "It was horrible Jeffrey. It was horrible."

"I know it was horrible," he replied and he continued to encourage me to let it all go while providing physical and emotional comfort. I could feel my neurological system rewire with the physical and emotional comfort he provided as I let go of the past.

My body released more memories and then I felt a sense of power surge through ME.

After my appointment I went into the locker room at WaveHealth in the Seaport Boston Hotel to get ready for the launch of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Chinese Edition and came out transformed:


And was ready to attend the launch of Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Chinese Edition:



Jeffrey commented to me that I looked amazing and had put on my Super Hero outfit. Yes indeed .... I am a Super Hero bringing forth light and love into the world passionate about inspiring others, being vocal about justice and what treatment modalities are based in Truth and letting others know about what is possible. I am invincible and have fought against evil and emerged victorious!

I reflected on what makes the difference in working with Jeffrey from all the other therapists and I use the word loosely I have seen in an effort to heal.

Others I saw were curious about my body and observed what was happening from a distance. Jeffrey has the confidence to dive right in and use all of his knowledge and intuition to facilitate the healing process.

While others were arrogant and let their ego lead the way asserting, "We're going to fix you," Jeffrey is humble and allows Spirit to guide the work. He has a tender, warm heart and hot hands and allows energy to flow through him to bring about healing.

Others used intellect and protocols rather than using their intuition and drawing from the Divine Mind to create a new form of muscular therapy as Jeffrey has done. They either touted themselves as gurus using intimidation and aggression in the work or were the sheep trying to follow them. There was a rigidity and pompousness or timidity in touching rather than being open to process and possibility. They were also sadly predators who preyed on my vulnerability and used head games and manipulation in the relationship. Jeffrey harnesses his compassion and strength to facilitate healing. Honesty, integrity and Truth abound. Sounds like a Super Hero motto to me!

Jeffrey is willing to go down the rabbit hole to see what is possible but first and foremost is keenly aware of do no harm. When Jeffrey introduced CranioSacral therapy into the work, we noticed that it would increase the tremors. But he also knew that it was in the service of healing. He compared it to draining a cyst or draining gunky transmission fluid from a car or squeezing that last little bit out of a toothpaste tube. Patience, trust and faith guide the work we do together. As I said to Jeffrey when he introduced CranioSacral Therapy into my treatment, "I've had CranioSacral Therapy before but I've never really had CrnaioSacral Therapy before." He listens and tunes into what my body needs rather than blindly following the protocol.

The others asserted their control in the treatment room. Jeffrey takes command of the treatment room and is willing to listen and partner with me. During one treatment session I mentioned to Jeffrey that my IT band was feeling tight. "I've got it," he said to me and focused on helping bring relief to that area. He welcomes feedback before, during and after the treatment.

Jeffrey is passionate about the work and loves the work he does. Others are complacent and their complacency, curiosity (the kind of curiosity you have when you see a car wreck) and uncertainty about how to heal comes through their hands.

Jeffrey's motto for Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC is Reclaim advantage and Reclaim life. He wants clients to reclaim their lives in work, in whatever physical activity/sports they enjoy and in their relationships. Every area of my life has been transformed since I partnered with Jeffrey on my healing journey. I feel free for the first time in my life and know it's only going to keep getting better and better. Jeffrey and I are joining our Super Hero powers to help others claim their Truth, justice, light, love and freedom from fear through the work we do at Spratt Muscular Therapies.









No comments:

Post a Comment