Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Coming Full Circle - Connecting the Dots



Raindrops pounding against my window and roof provided the soundtrack for my afternoon meditation. I got goosebumps everywhere as I reflected on this moment in my life.

I wrote about the pieces of the puzzle finally fitting together in my blog post, "Purpose".

The whole picture of the puzzle is coming into sharper and sharper focus. Because Jeffrey is a member of four CISM Teams and is on the health and wellness staff at On-Site Academy, I find myself in the middle of the circle of caregivers who serve those who serve. Many of the clients who are Emergency Responders are also veterans and we are connecting with each other, sharing our healing journeys to discover many parallels with the work that Jeffrey does being the lynchpin in our healing and recovery. As I hear others talk of how Jeffrey has impacted their lives, they echo my feelings. It becomes more and more clear that Jeffrey is for lack of a better phrase the real deal dedicated and committed to helping people heal; to reclaim their advantage and reclaim life regardless of the challenge or goal.

We are joining together to spread the word about Jeffrey's life saving work. Jeffrey and I are going to write a book about the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy with case studies so that other therapists can become trained in this highly effective method of healing and bringing relief. From the moment I experienced Jeffrey's work I knew there was something radically different and powerful about the way he practices massage and muscular therapy. Friends who I refer to him and clients who are becoming friends through our common bond of healing through the power of positive touch agree with me.

Rather than my writing my next book about my journey of what didn't work and finding my way to Jeffrey to now go the distance, our message is going to be what DOES work and how we can keep healing people through the power of positive touch.

It is at once exhilarating and humbling to be a part of all of this.

Getting a degree in Public Relations and mastering the art of writing, getting a Masters Degree in Social Work and working at the VA for almost 20 years, working with BU COM students as interns to hone my social media skills, becoming a runner - it all comes together now as I work as the Communications and Public Relations Director for Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC.

I am also working as Jeffrey's Executive Assistant. You see if I wouldn't have lived through the hell of my childhood and used organization along with my intellectual prowess to survive, I would not be able to support Jeffrey with such ease. I can multi-task and organize like nobody's business.

I'm excited about what lies ahead knowing that what went before, as excruciatingly painful as it was, prepared me for now.

Working with Jeffrey and Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC brings me incredible joy and as Joseph Campbell said:



Everything that happened, every choice I made makes wonderful sense to me as I connect the dots looking backwards to arrive in this magnificent moment of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment