Friday, September 25, 2015

Come Aboard: WaveHealth Celebrates on The Odyssey

We almost missed the boat but with the angels to guide us we made our way in time to board WaveHealth's annual cruise aboard The Odyssey. It was my first gig as Communications and Public Relations Director for Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC and the perfect blend of business and pleasure. I still get goosebumps to realize that I am a part of this amazing team at WaveHealth, The Seaport Boston Hotel and Spratt Muscular Therapies. Mike Anderson, the Director of WaveHealth and Tanya Nelson, Assistant Manager greeted us warmly. Spouses met each other and conversations flowed easily with laughter and joy.

Jeffrey was invited to bring chair massage on board:



There were many passengers eager to experience chair massage and Jeffrey, Ann and Luke were more than happy to provide the service:









After recording the chair massages and securing signed waivers, it was time for Tom and me to enjoy the cruise. We dined. We danced. We went to the upper deck and took in the magnificent sights of our beautiful City:



complete with the moon shining:


The buffet was magnificent and we dined on salmon, chicken, penne pasta with spinach and cheese sauce, succulent string beans and a summer vegetable medley salad.

There was the love of a family gathering together among the colleagues from WaveHealth. Mariama Jordan who is the Director of Fitness took this photo of Tom and me:



Everyone had a blast dancing the night away including Tom and me. I haven't been out dancing in ages.



Yup this is my boss:


Earlier in the day I had a business meeting, came home, worked on projects for Spratt Muscular Therapies, picked up Tom, got lost on the way to the boat, worked, dined, danced....I realized the incredible endurance and stamina I now have since partnering with Jeffrey.

Even 6 months ago I might not have opted to go on the Cruise but if I did it would have meant not scheduling anything else during the day, napping and being ever so mindful of my "energy." Oh and dancing? Forget about it - I might aggravate my knee injury.

But now I have reclaimed my advantage and astoundingly I have reclaimed my life. It was great to be on board with an amazing group of fellow travelers.

Here's to going the distance whatever the challenge, whatever the goal and never ever quitting before the miracle happens!









No comments:

Post a Comment