Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Am So Happy and Grateful...

We all know that our thoughts affect us. When we have a thought, a chemical reaction happens in our body. Take a moment to imagine yourself in your favorite spot and notice how your body responds. Now take a moment to remember a time you were afraid. Feel the difference? The mind cannot distinguish what is happening in the external world from what is happening in your imagination.

"If thoughts can do that to water? Imagine what our thoughts can do to us."


I know that having an attitude of gratitude produces a wonderful chemical effect on my body and feeling happiness triggers a chemical cascade that promotes wellness, well being and healing.

So just imagine what happens when we combine them?

Now full disclosure. I did not originate this idea. I first heard about it in February of 2007 when I was following all the "New Age" teachers at the time and had their teachings spread out all over my dining room table. Lisa Nichols, one of the teachers from The Secret had sent out a newsletter and in it, it said, "I am so happy and grateful now that...." and one of the things she had written was ...I have the opportunity to create.

That lit the spark within me to ask for Divine Guidance -- create? Create what? And the poem Running the Race flowed out of me.

For the past 8 1/2 years I have been creating my life; sometimes unknowingly lived life by default after traumatic events but always moving forward with a passion and drive to heal my past and alter the course of having been diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease to arrive in this moment.

During this morning's meditation as I was feeling challenged with visualizing and tapping into what I did want to have happen rather than replay some negative interactions I recently had, the phrase, "I am so happy and grateful..." came to me and with it the ability to create and visualize the exact outcome I wanted for the challenging situation. I felt peace settle into my very cells and my soul fluttered with delight.

And after experiencing the vision for the positive outcome from the challenge, I went on to allow my heart to expand as I said:
I am so happy and grateful now that I am a runner and can run a 12 minute mile.
I am so happy and grateful now that we live in abundance and can share our abundance with others.
I am so happy and grateful now that I have amazing friends and family in my life.
I am so happy and grateful now that I found my way to partner with Jeff Spratt of Spratt Muscular Therapies, and to WaveHealth where I am able to cross train in the pool and where I can bring into physical manifestation all that I visualized during these past 8 1/2 years.
I am so happy and grateful now that my tremors are completely healed ... by the way as a side note -- I felt the tremors at the top of my cervical spine. As I breathed, let go and reminded myself of the meditation that Jeff did with me during my treatment several weeks ago, stillness manifested!
I am so happy and grateful that the scar tissue in my left leg is completely released and I have full range of motion and no pain in my left knee.
I am so happy and grateful for my home, my husband, my clothes, my laptop and our beautiful four foot Jamie.
I am so happy and grateful for the beautiful summer weather.
I am so happy and grateful that all the residuals from polio and trauma are healed (and I went through each area of the body building a super highway of a neuromuscular system and lengthening muscles as I repeated I am so happy and grateful....)
I am so happy and grateful now that I am strong and confident and going the distance on and off the roads.
I am so happy and grateful that I am alive and able to share my message of healing, hope and possibility with the world!

I felt light, ease, happiness, joy and gratitude knowing in every fiber of my being that I am, to quote the movie "What the bleep do we know: Down the Rabbit Hole" an ambitious god that can rest in the space and time between allowing the magic and mystery of the Universe to work through me to bring about results. Within each and every one of us we have the Divine Intelligence and Supreme Love from Source that allows us to create our lives while allowing for surprise and synchronicities to happen. To do this, we must be ever so mindful of our thoughts and as the old song says, accentuate the positive!

What are you so happy and grateful for? Leave a comment and let me know!

Cheers! To life! Choose well and love yourself well!

I am also so happy and grateful that I am an author and my books are available on Amazon!

I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing journey after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease as a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and 9 years of childhood domestic violence in Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility.


In Journey Well, the journey continues in the wake of my nephew's suicide on 3/4/11 and the events of 4/15/13. Through my journey of healing and transformation, we learn that no matter what life circumstances happen to us, we can always find a way to journey well.


I am working on my new book, Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems which brings together my best poems of the last 8 years and will include my latest poems as I continue to feel the heal and move forward in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment